Naturemama has received a 2017 Liebster Award!
The 2017 Liebster Award is an online award that gives recognition to new bloggers. Created by bloggers for bloggers, it’s a great way for new blogs to be discovered and promoted. Writing is actually the easy part – all the Social media managing, promoting and technical work can actually be quite hard. And this award recognizes this and provides bloggers a means to connect with other bloggers and help promote each other.
Who nominated me?
I was kindly nominated by Sarah Dew from “A Simple & Contented Life”. Sarah is on a mission to create a life less stressful. Her blog is about helping others slow things down, take back control and create a life they love. I really love her daily planner – so if you have a chance, go subscribe to her newsletter and get it for free!
Thank you so much Sarah for nominating me for this award. It reassures me that I am on the right path and gives me motivation to continue. Best of all I get to nominate 5 blogs myself for the award, who I feel deserves recognition for their hard work. And so the love keeps flowing in the Bloggesphere!
Each blogger must nominate 5 fellow bloggers with less then 200 followers. Here are my choices – Go check out their wonderful blogs!!!
- Lisa – “Dreams and Caffeine”
- Beckie – “A Booklover’s adventures”
- Christy – “Productive Mommies”
- Alicia – “Energy for Moms”
- Gemma – “The Goal Chaser”
Congratulations to you all! Now it’s your turn to nominate 5 bloggers for the 2017 Liebster Award.
Questions for my nominees
- Who are you and what is your blog about?
- Which of yours, is your favorite post – and why?
- What/who inspires you?
- Given the choice of anyone in the world as a dinner guest, who would you invite, and why?
- Give a mommy-tip for my readers
- What is your favorite recipe?
- What do you feel most grateful about in your life?
- What’s for dinner tonight?
Here’s to spreading the blogging love and building our tribes!
2017 Liebster Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Upload the award to your blog. It can be done as a blog post, on your sidebar or both.
- Answer the questions below.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (this is optional but helps you to engage better with your readers).
- Nominate 5 blogs with followers less than 200 that you believe deserves to receive the award. If you feel others deserve the award, then you are welcome to nominate more.
- Notify the nominated bloggers so that they can accept the award. Bloggers can be nominated more than once, giving their readers more chance to learn about them.
What has been your biggest challenge with blogging?
Time management! It’s tough balancing work, family and blogging. I find it so hard to have enough time for all that I want to accomplish with my blog! My mission is a BIG one (no small goals here!) and I am full of urgency to get my message out there – but there are only so many hours in the day. And working full time as well doesn’t leave much space for blogging. Sometimes it’s hard to take the time away from my family to work on my blog as I spend so much time working away from them every day too.
What is your number one tip for other bloggers?
Get yourself a tribe! Join a facebook group with other bloggers in it! This motivates and inspires me everyday! It’s so rewarding to be surrounded by other bloggers, who understand your struggles and victories!
My blog is still pretty new, but one of the things I hope to accomplish this year, is to build my own facebook group – a little community of support for other “Naturemama’s” out there who want to promote a health lifestyle for their families. I hope to see you there!
What are your hobbies other than blogging?
I am a mom to a wonderful little girl of 1,5 years. My hobby at the moment is being a mom! Seriously there isn’t enough time in the day for another hobby. When on a rare occasion I do find time for it, I like to go golfing with my hubby.
What successful entrepreneur do you admire and why?/ who is your favourite blogger and why?
I really admire a danish blogger and online entrepreneur called Jane Faeber. She owns the danish blogging empire called “My Copenhagen Kitchen”, where she blogs about eating a lowcarb-highfat diet and health in general. What I admire about Jane is, she blogs from a personal point of view and tells her personal story in relation to food. I really admire that. Also all the recipes on her blog are free and A-MAH-ZING! You should definitely check her blog out!
Tell us about your blog and why you started blogging
Naturemama started about 6 years ago, as my husband and I had struggled to conceive for many years. We tried everything; ICSI, IVF and finally we just gave up and thought that the family life just wasn’t meant for us.
I wanted to find my way back to a natural balance in my body, after all those years of hormone treatments. We decided to changed our diet to lowcarb, and removed processed foods almost entirely from our diet. It simply changed our lives! And as an added bonus, we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl, Dianna, a completely and natural conception!
Read my full story here
Now as a mother, I find that it is as important as ever to promote this natural and healthy lifestyle and my goal is to help make the change to living naturally easier for others, than it has been for me, and to share my own journey in the process.
What’s an item you can’t live without?
My dayplanner! I’ve really tried to go digital and I do use my phone to some extent – BUT I just LOVE my dayplanner. It follows me everywhere and I keep all important things in there (photos of my hubby and our kids, credit cards, passwords etc).
What and who motivates you to write?
Dianna – my little girl, motivates me. When she was born my life changed. I don’t have any fears for myself anymore. They have been replaced by a fear of what her generation will face if we don’t act now and change some of our eating habits and lifestyle. And I know mothers out there want the best for their children, and I want to help make it easier for them to make more healthy choices!
I am ashamed that our society has made health the more expensive choice and for some it can feel as if it’s only for the wealthy few. I want to help make it more accessible to the everyday family!
10 Random facts about myself
- I am a bit of a dare-devil and have both done a skydive and bungee jump!
- I LOVE cooking and baking in my kitchen! It destresses me.
- I am always losing things, so far 5 credit cards (yeah… I know!), 3 house keys, 1 phone!
- I believe in “true love”.
- My favorite spice is Cinnamon.
- When I was young, I wanted to be an actress.
- I was swam in the AAU junior Olympics when I was 11 years old and won Silver!
- My favorite chef is Gordon Ramsay (DROOOOL!)
- I drink way too much Pepsi Max.
- My husband does all the ironing, because I’m really bad at it!
Want to read more about me and Naturemama? You can read more here…
Thank you again Sarah for nominating my blog and congratulations to Lisa, Beckie, Alicia, Christy and Gemma!