It’s so great to have you visit my blog. I’m Pennie, the “Nature Mama”.
My goal is to help busy families find easy, healthy answers by writing about everyday tips, “real food” recipes, tutorials and health remedies and so much much more.
Why Nature Mama??
Naturemama started in my mind 6 years ago, as my husband and I had struggled to conceive. We tried everything; ICSI, IVF and finally we just gave up! It was a really dark and sad periode in our lives.
I wanted to find my way back to a natural balance in my body, after all those years of hormone treatments. We decided to changed our diet to lowcarb, and removed processed foods almost entirely from our diet.
It simply changed our lives! And as an added bonus, we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl, Dianna, a completely and natural conception!
Read my story here
Now as a mother, I find that it is as important as ever to promote this natural and healthy lifestyle!
It’s said that:
“… this generation of children will have a shorter life expectancy than their parents…”
Knowing that my baby’s generation will face higher rates of cancer, heart and autoimmune disease and many other health problems, I simply cannot sit and do nothing! My goal is to help make the change to living naturally easier for you, than it has been for me, and to share my own journey in the proces.
Now you should know that I am not a doctor, nurse or health “freak” in any way! I am a MOM, that simply wants the best for her family and is excited about creating a healthy lifestyle for us – and since you are reading along, I am guessing we’re quite similar in that regard!
In fact I create healthy recipes and provide easy tips to natural living for your family every week, so if you want, just enter your email adresse here and I’ll send you my newsletter each wednesday, full of new and healthy choices for your family!
If you’re like me and you hate SPAM, don’t worry, you can unsubscribe at any time!
Are you a Nature mama too??
Now the thing about “changing the world” is, you can’t do it alone. But I believe that as women and especially as mothers WE can! We are the ones birthing, feeding, raising and teaching the next generation and not only that, women and mothers control the majority of money spent in the household budget.
We have the power!!
With great power, comes great responsibility!
– yeah I know I just quoted Spiderman….
You can also join the Naturemama Facebook group for daily support and encouragement from other moms just like you!
What to find here on the blog
Here at Naturemama.net you’ll find my best “real food”-recipes, tips and tricks to easy healthy family living. Sometimes the tone might get silly or a bit nerdy, but I promise to show you a good time and maybe even a laugh or two!
Mostly I’ll write about healthy family living, organic and real food and natural remedies, but if you join the Facebook group or we become friends on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Google+, you’ll also hear stories from my family life with the best hubby in the world, our miracle princess and 2 fur-babies.
But that’s enough about me – I want to get to know you better!
Come join the Naturemama community, leave a comment or two and tell me what made you want to become a “Naturemama”?
Fun facts about me
- My parents named me after the Beatles song “Pennylane”. They loved the Beatles when they were younger, and I suppose I’m happy with Pennie and not LucyintheskywithDiamonds!
- I lived in Saudi Arabia from when I was 7 to 14 years old and also went to an international school called SAIS-R (Saudi Arabian International School – Riyadh). I am so grateful for being able to have that experience. It has helped me view the world as a whole and feel connected to other nationalities around the world.
- My hubby and I met at a party when I was 19 years old and I had just gotten back from backpacking in Thailand, Bali and Australia with a friend from school. I was supposed to only stay home for a month and then be on the road again… but I simply couldn’t let him go!
- I am a total “klutz”; don’t ever hand me something that can’t handle being dropped, because that’s most likely going to happen. I am always dropping things, bumping into things, sometimes practically falling over my own feet! Yup – bull in a china shop, that’s me!
- When I was a kid I took ballet, which has helped me be the graceful woman I am today! (see point above this one….)
And most importantly
As cliché as it sounds, my goal with creating this blog, is to change the world, so our kids can grow up in the world they deserve!
Why settle for small goals? 😉
Official Bio & picture
I am a first time mother, blogger, housewife, “kitchenwitch”, lover of nature, good food and icecold beer!
My mission with creating “Naturemama” is to provide simple answers for families to live healthier and help inspire women who struggle with infertility.
I can honestly say, that I have never felt better after 4 years of eating a lowcarb diet, and as an added bonus, I gave birth to a healthy, happy little girl last March.
I have no doubt that we have the lowcarb-diet to thank for our beautiful daughter and if I can help just one woman out there, who is as unhappy as I was – my mission is complete!
Take a look around, leave a comment or two, and I hope to see you around often!