Skin like a baby’s bottom!
– who doesn’t want that?!?
This is my best beauty secret – and it’s even organic and SO simple too. My husband and I drink WAY too much coffee! Like, really way too much, and sometimes we can drink instant coffee, but mostly we prefer good homemade, grind-your-own-coffeebeans coffee from our frenchpress. (affiliate link)
And a great way to eliminate the coffee-waste is to find other functions for it. And this is where my best beauty secret comes in.
I love a good scrub! And coffee has some great benefits to the skin and actually for your hair too!
- Anti-inflammatory effect; works against inflammation and redness in your skin
- Full of anti-oxidants, which is great against UV-damage from the sun
- Cellulite reduction by dehydrating fatty cells with it’s diuretic properties
- Skin exfoliation and softening which prevents dryness (also helped by the coconut oil in my recipe!)
And sometimes I also add coffee grounds to my shampoo, as it’s great for stimulating hair growth. I used this after my pregnancy, where my hair seemed a little thin and dull, and it worked wonders!
Also – this is great for you guys out there! Add a handful of coffeegrounds to your favorite shampoo and massage it into your hair roots and let it stay for 2-3 min. before rinsing it out. This is a great way to prevent hairloss and it’s totally organic and natural!
My best beauty secret. The easiest bodyscrub recipe you'll ever see - and the BEST!
- 1 part Coffee grounds
- 1 part Brown sugar (can be substituted with salt)
- 1 part Coconut oil
- Mix together and add to a container.
- Use in the shower to exfoliate or add to your shampoo.
I love making my own beauty recipes with natural “cooking” ingridients. This way I am sure I know all the ingridients and there are no hidden or harmful substances.
My favorite beauty ingredient is this: Organic Coconut oil (affiliate link). I use it practically everywhere; in my coffee, on my skin, as a lipbalm, handcream, homemade toothpaste – you name it! It’s so versatile. It is without a doubt, the most used ingredient in our household!
What is your best beauty secret? Do you have a homemade beauty recipe you would like to share? Add your comment below.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.