My favorite holiday is Samhain, also known as Halloween, All Hallows eve, All Saints day!
All the ghoulish fright and making fun of things that scare us, is right up my alley. I’ve been quite creative with my costume so far; I’ve been everything from “She-devil” to “Troll” – all DIY.
Btw what do you think of my hubby’s “Shrimp Cocktail” costume from last year? He’s quite creative too! However it does require quite a bit of work, if you choose to wear it – You have to constantly have a cocktail in your hand!!! 😉 Needless to say he NAILED it all night!
My biggest challenge ever was making a halloween costume for when I was pregnant. I wanted to incorporate my little baby in the scary fun and still feel comfortable!
Word of warning- not for the faint of heart or easily offended!!
Pregnant ZOMBIE Alice Halloween Costume
- 1 blue dress.
- 1 blue headband with bow.
- 1 white apron.
- 1 pair of white stockings.
- 1 baby doll.
- Lots of fake blood!
- Step 1 Cut the blue dress to knee length, the sloppier the better!
- Step 2 Cover apron & stockings with drizzles of fake blood! (Extra points for small or creepy handprints!)
- Step 3 Cut holes in dress & apron for baby doll to fit through (see the picture)
- Step 4 When dressing: Put belt around baby doll and yourself before putting on the dress – make sure baby doll protrudes out.
- Step 5 Splash lots of fake blood on yourself.
- Step 6 Do your scary make-up.
- Step 7 Put on blue bow.
- Step 8 Optional: Alice wig if you don’t have long, blond hair.
- Step 9 Scare the pants off people when they see you!
I really, really, REALLY wanted to be “Miley on the wrecking ball” – but sadly my babybump wasn’t big enough! 🙁
Check out my Costume board on Pinterest if you’re looking for a creative DIY costume! There are some real gems on there, for your little ones as well!
This year the theme is “Edgar Allan Poe” and I’m still not sure what I’m going to do!!
My favorite tale of his is “The Masque of the Red death” soooo…..