This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
One of our all-time favorite grill-recipes is Pulled Pork! and I used to make a mean flavorful one loaded with brown sugar and chili, before we went sugar-free in our household. Because we just can’t live without it, I had to try and redesign it into a sugar-free version.
Now I swear this is every bit as good as the sugar-loaded one, AND my stomach is still my friend the next day!
Delicious, mouthwatering, sugarfree, flavorfull pulled pork
- 1 pork roast, approx. 2,5 kg.
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of oil (I use olive oil)
- 2 dl tomato puré
- 2 dl water
- 10 drops of tabasco
- 2 tablespoons of smoked paprika
- 2 teaspons of chili powder (we like it really hot and sometimes add more!)
- 4 tablespoons of Sukrin gold (brown sugar substitute)
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 dl apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Step 1 Chop the onion and cloves of garlic finely and fry until clear in a hot casserole.
- Step 2 Add the rest, bring to a boil and let simmer for approx. 15 min.
- Step 3 Let the marinate cool, until you need to use it.
- Step 4 Add a generous layer of marinade to the roast, cover and let the roast marinate in the fridge all night!
- Step 5 Next day, 12 hours before dinner time – set your oven to 110 degrees and pop in the roast.
- Step 6 Be patient!
- Step 7 12 hours later, you pull the meat apart with two forks and finally add the remaining marinade to the meat, so it’s nice and juicy!
- Step 8 Serve & Enjoy!
Along with this I usually serve coleslaw and a homemade chili mayonnaise. Homemade mayo is so easy to make, but if you’re lazy, this is our favorite store-bought variation!
It’s the sides that make the difference!
I always serve my pulled pork with a side of coleslaw! It just goes together, like meat and gravy, like clowns and ballons, like whiskey and coffee – you get what I mean…
Now I’ve made coleslaw a million different ways, but the recipe we always seem to prefer is made with cabbage, carrots and a dressing of sour cream/mayonnaise/apple cider vinegar/salt.
We could eat this everyday – all day! It’s so delicious!
What is your go-to summer-lovin’ recipe? I would love to know.
Share in the comments below