My friends mother makes this AMAH-ZING salmon spread! And this Christmas, as we happened to celebrate it together, I finally got the recipe!
And because I love it so much, I wanted to put my own little twist on the recipe, to turn her classic salmon spread into a low-carb dinner classic!
LCHF Salmon topped with Dijon mustard and roasted almonds
Delicious salmon with a spicy dijon taste and nutty crunch!
- 2 salmon fillets
- Dijon mustard
- Chopped almonds
- Step 1 Mix mayonnaise and dijon mustard half/half.
- Step 2 Spread on top of the salmon fillets.
- Step 3 Chop the almonds and sprinkle on top of the fillets.
- Step 4 Slice the lemon and place first in your pan.
- Step 5 Next add the Salmon fillets and cook at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Step 6 ENJOY!
What I like about this recipe is, the possibilities are endless! I’m already pondering how to make the spread more glaze-like, and if you could try to top with chopped pistachios?? (I LOVE pistachios!!!)
Next time I think I will cook the dish with veggies underneath – the juices flowing with the mustard and lemon, made a very tasty sauce! Now the only trick is to figure out what veggies to add to the dish!
This time around I made a nice broccoli salad with kale, red onions and sunflower seeds. Need I say more – Amazing and quite delicious! Oh and asparages with garlic butter!!! YUMMY!
Are you Feeling hungry yet, because I sure am! What’s for dinner at your house tonight?!
On a personal note
This rounds off 3 weeks of eating strictly LCHF for me and my hubby.
The results are in:
I have lost just about 6,5 kg (yes the ½ counts as well!!!!)
And Brian has lost 2,7 kg
I am at a lost for words! I never would have though I’d lose more then Brian. This time around it’s not bad to be a “loser” :p
I can’t believe how easy it was this time around to switch back to LCHF. My body found it’s balance really fast – not even 2 days passed. And I have just been feeling such a calm in my body since. I have no doubt that this is what’s right for me.
All the benefits
Since eating a lowcarb highfat diet I am back to:
- Sleeping 5-6 hours a day AND feeling rested ( I even woke before the alarm clock this whole week!)
- Having energy to keep up around the house (Kitchen is clean and laundry done!)
- Spending more time outside (I have been for 2 runs this and last week!)
- Feeling happier and smiling more!
So what are YOU waiting for?!
Brian wasn’t quite as thrilled as me, but I remember my first time doing LCHF wasn’t easier either and he’s no quitter, so he’s going to give it another 2 weeks and then if the scales don’t budge, he’s going to find something that fits better… so stay tuned to hear the results!
What is your New years resolution? Here you can read a little about ours and why we decided to jump back on the LCHF-train!
Until you drop by again,
All my best,